2700g lean beef top round, cubed
1350g pork shoulder, diced
12g pink salt
32g Coleman’s dry mustard
8g ground coriander
4g garlic powder
450g jowl fat, finely diced
- Combine the beef, pork, salt, dextrose, and pink salt and mix well.
- Grind through a large die.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the Fermento in water(1/4 to 1/2C to 60 to 125mL) to make a thin paste. Add spices.
- Add spice mixture to ground meat and beat with a paddle for 2 minutes.
- Fold in diced fat.
- Pack into a pan and push down with plastic wrap to press out any air pockets. Refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- Regrind through small die. Check seasonings.
- Stuff into casings.
- Cold smoke at 100F for 2 hours. Turn up heat to 180F and continue to cook until fully cooked(150F).
- Hang for 2 hours.