2825g diced beef round, lean and fat removed
2250g pork fat(or jowl) fat back 30g ground wh. pepper
200g salt 30g dry mustard, Colemans
15g TCM curing salt 5g garlic powder
75g dextrose powder 175g dry milk powder
1675g crushed ice Hog casing, 38/42mm wide
- Partially freeze beef and fat, then grind through large die.
- Return freezer and partially freeze, till crunchy (20 min).
- Combine meat and fat with salt, pink salt, and dextrose, and ice; grind through small die onto chilled pan.
- Add pepper, mustard, and garlic powder and mix in chilled mixing bowl and paddle on high 3-4 min.
- add milk powder and mix 2 more minutes.
- check seasoning; stuff into casings .
- Hot smoke at 180F to internal temp of 150F.