900g lean beef, diced
2kg pork shoulder, diced
900g jowl fat
80g kosher salt
140g nonfat dry milk powder
6g pink salt
8g ground white pepper
80g Hungarian paprika
120mL(1/2C) ice water
- Grind pork and beef through large die.
- Grind jowl fat through small die.
- Combine all ingredients except water in chilled mixing bowl.
- Mix slowly with a paddle attachment and add water.
- Turn up to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes.
- Check seasonings.
- Stuff into casings and refrigerate over night.
- Cold smoke for 2-4 hours.
- Hang in cool, dry place for at least a week.
- Refrigerate or freeze.