A great Asian accompaniment for tuna tartar. We also served it Tobiko caviar, pickled ginger, Sesame Mango Chutney, Daikon Sprouts, and Curry oil. ( See Photo gallery for finished dish)
* adapted from Ferran Adria ‘s Parmesan Spaghetto, 2003
Mandarin Soy Sauce Noodles
10 g superfine sugar
200g Mandarin juice, canned
100g San-J organic Tamari soy sauce, wheat free
4 g agar agar
4 PVC pipe .5 cm in diameter
- Combine sugar, juice, and soy sauce in a small sauce pot.
- Sprinkle in agar agar.
- Bring to a boil and skim off impurities.
- Fill a syringe with liquid.
- Fill tubes and seal off ends.
- Immerse in cold water and let set.
- Use an clean empty syringe to inject air into the tube and extract noodle.